Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mickey and Boy Scouts

I am so proud of Mickey!! He joined Boy Scouts in January and has done a GREAT job! I think he may have found his niche, we'll see. He earned his rifle and horsemanship badges and worked to earn the money for summer camp (all by himself). He really takes it seriously (finally something) and works hard to do what he's supposed to do.

He's gone to Boy Scout camp this week at Camp Constantine. I haven't heard from him in days and have no idea how things are going. They have a phone on site for emergencies, but other than that, they are not permitted to take cell phones, i-pods, or game devices of any kind. I suppose a glimpse into the future for me. It's weird when your children are home all the time and all of a sudden their gone. Now it's temporary, but in a few short years, he'll be an adult--aaahhh, a bit scary. Such a short time to prepare him for the world!






No comments: