Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finishing Up--Sports

Sports is, well, almost done. Mickey and Madeleine finished up without much excitement this season. Their teams played hard, learned, and will hopefully improve next season. Max and Miles' teams finished up 1st and 2nd, respectively, at the end of season tournament. They then went on to play in the north zone tournament. Miles' team lost in the semi-final round by ONE run! Max's team WON the north zone tournament--way to go Raptors. I must tell--Max had a game saving catch in left field. At this level, more pop ups are dropped than caught, but Max DID IT! I was not able to be there, but I later got the play by play. Max (and Dad) was proud--a real accomplishment for him. He has worked very hard and improved a lot this season.

Miles' coach is caught up in the excitement of coaching little league t-ball. His team--the Wolverines--will be competing in the little league world series in a few weeks. Not sure how far they'll get, but it should be an experience. Miles is looking forward to it and hoping for a 1st place trophy this time, like his big brother Max.

Unfortunately, I have no action shots from the tournaments. The first tournament was the weekend I came down with this pneumonia. Between running Mickey to (and from) boy scout camp, Madeleine to a friends, and baseball games--it just got the best of me. I did try to take a couple of shots of Max and Miles with their trophies. These are the best I got--neither of them were very cooperative and were quite goofy.






No comments: